Wednesday, February 25, 2009

C.C. Rider - Grateful Dead Song Review

Hmmm, I am almost tempted to skip reviewing this song. It is going to be the first song to get a below 5.0 song rating.

This is a Bobby song that is a traditional blues type song that is plodding and uninteresting. I can enjoy a tried and true classic like this if the Dead can really put their "stamp" on it (see El Paso, Bobby McGee, or Not Fade Away) but C.C. Rider does not have this distinction.

C.C. Rider Song Rating on a Scale of 1-10: 4.0

Disclaimer: This is part of my review of every Grateful Dead song from A-Z. Music is a beautiful thing because it is so personal and subjective, so keep in mind that this is one man's opinion (and be sure to read my blog manifesto to understand a little more about where I'm coming from).

No comments: