Monday, August 6, 2012

Grateful Dead to Release Spring 1990 Box Set


You may or may not know that I really love the late era Dead from the 1990's.  (See my "Open Letter for the Release of all 1990s Grateful Dead Audio and Video").

Well, I just heard about a new box set from Spring of 1990... NICE!  It's expensive ($200) but I will purchase it on principal  - to show strong support for the release of this era of Dead music.

I should have all of these shows on file and before I accept delivery of this new release (ships in late August) I will listen to them on my iPod so I can hear them without any "spoilers" from reading the CD liner notes. In fact, I don't even like to spend much time on the Dead.net page about these shows because I don't want to know what epic songs are included.

Yes, I know I'm kind of weirdo, but I like to listen to the Dead like I am at the concerts  -without any idea of what's coming next. Actually, I don't think I'm alone at all in this preference.

I will follow up and write more about this run of shows after I listen.

But this is a GREAT NEW RELEASE and I'm VERY EXCITED!!

No comments: